Re: [opensuse-translation] Vietnamese language support in OpenSuSE
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 06:48:11 +0200
"Phan Vinh Thinh" <teppi82@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm maintaining the vi.opensuse.org wiki. And I'm using SuSE everyday.
> I like its nice interface, especially the KDE's one :). I saw that
> many languages are supported in SuSE, include Russian, my second
> language. What have to do if I want to see my mother tongue in that
> supported langugages list?

Thanks for your interest! Asking here is the first step in the right
direction :-)

"Dinar Valeev" <dinarv@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> i think at least you must start translation of YaST to your native language.

Yes, that's the way we usually start with localizing SUSE Linux--I'm
going to initialize a file set for the Vietnamese language during the
day.

ATM, we are changing the translation process a little bit (setting up a
public SVN server); that's why it does not make sense to talk about
translating the other desktop components.

R&D / Documentation SUSE Linux Products GmbH

Key fingerprint = B2A3 AF2F CFC8 40B1 67EA 475A 5903 A21B 06EB 882E