Re: [opensuse-testing] Open-Bugs-Day stats
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 10:00:40 +0200
Christian Boltz wrote:

Hello,

on Montag, 4. April 2011, Bernhard M. Wiedemann wrote:
Here are some stats from this weekend's Open-Bugs-Day
346 of 1179 bugs were updated in bugzilla (that included all public
openSUSE / SuSE bugs before 11.2

Stats by user:
280 Larry Finger

The problem with statistics is: you can only trust statistics you
faked yourself ;-)

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the work you are doing with
bugzilla cleanup. However, just closing bugs as "noresponse" with a
comment that the version is obsolete isn't too helpful IMHO.

Yeah, I thought it was a bit odd too. A (slightly) better approach
might have been to reassign to the reporter, asking him/her to verify
the problem in the current version. I know the end effect is the same,
but for the reporter just closing as RESOLVED, NORESPONSE is a bit of a
slap in the face.

Another proposal: Send a mail to all bugreporters that have open bugs
against old openSUSE releases and ask them to check if the bug is
still valid on openSUSE 11.4.

Yeah, "Please upgrade to the latest version and confirm that problem
persists".
I don't like it, it doesn't encourage people to keep reporting bugs, but
I fully appreciate the situation.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich