[opensuse-summit] Re: The result of call for host of openSUSE.Asia Summit 2019
On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 5:34 PM Richard Brown <RBrownCCB@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sat, 6 Oct 2018 at 11:26, Ana Martínez <anamma06@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi!

Congratulations Indonesia team! Thanks a lot to both teams for the effort
and eagerness put in the proposals.

The openSUSE.Asia Organization Committee has proved in the last years not
only to take the best decisions to spread openSUSE all around Asia but to
be an ideal example of what community organized conference means. I think
(and I believe that the rest board members agree with me) that a decision
made by the openSUSE.Asia Organization Committee doesn't need the approval
of the board and that you have all our support! The only thing missing is
the sponsorship which involves SUSE as well. The board have already
publicly expressed its desire of increasing openSUSE.Asia TSP budget (as
you can read in our meeting minutes [1]), but this is of course not
official until SUSE approves it. Do you have a budget estimation or any
other detail we should be aware of?

There is a budget in the PDF attached as part of the original
proposals, the grand total is $27,857

$9000 of that is apparently to be allocated from the TSP - Andrew were
you consulted with that? It sounds to me more than we usually have
available for the whole openSUSE project during a financial quarter,
or am I mistaken?

For the remaining $16,325 - SUSE typically sponsor openSUSE Asia
conferences $5,000, with any remainder having to be covered by other
sponsors of the event.

Now we have the Asia committees decision I'll bring this to the budget
holders at SUSE for their approval.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your support.

Actually we submit 3 budgets, minimum, most likely, maximum :-)
$9000 for TSP is from the maximum budget that written in the original proposal.
The other 2 budgets are $6000.

It looks we're so complicated, but we need to make sure that even with
the minimum budget local committee still be able to organize the
event.
I send again the proposal and the budget in the attachment.

Is there any timeline for the sponsorship approval?

As fast as I can get, but it is dependant on the availability of
SUSE's budgets. Given this event will likely happen after SUSE's
transition from MicroFocus ownership to operating as an independent
company, I wouldn't be surprised if the situation is a little more
complicated than usual, but I'm confident we'll figure out a solution.

We will follow any decision/policy from openSUSE/SUSE.

Thanks and regards,
--
Edwin

Regards,