Re: [suse-security] list moderation, message mangling (was: TIS FWTK)
  • From: Cliff Friedel <cliff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 19:45:41 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, Nix wrote:

> >None of which the brain-dead email client that I have to use at the office
> >will
> >filter on. I'm lucky to get it to work on "Subject:"
> >
> >I can use Subject, from, to, cc, reply-to, in-reply-to, recipient, and
> >all. It
> >doen't allow for "and" or "or". Just one of the above exclusively. But then
> >again if everyone would put the list in the "To" field instead of cc'ing the
> >list it might make life a little easier.
> >
> >End of diatribe!! Maybe they'll let me use linux at work one of these days.
>
> I have no idea what "X-Mailer: Execmail for Win32 5.1 Build (9) " is.
> But as long as you are using standards compliant mail servers. (Even
> MS Exchange) You may want to have a look at Eudora Pro.
> It's what I use, and I have not yet found an equivalently powerful (yet nice)
> mail client under linux. It and MS Word are the two things that keep me in
> windows most of my working day...
>
> If anyone know about an equavelent to Eudora for Linux I would LOVE to
> hear about it.
>
> Kmail and the like just don't cut it... Yet.
>
> -Nix
If you are looking for sheer functionality and don't mind using the
console, then the pine/procmail combo is the best that I have come across.
Granted it is archaic, but it really is pretty powerful once you get past
the lack of GUI.

If you are looking for GUI, then I would say that Netscape Mail (when it
doesn't catch on fire) or Kmail is about the best there is right now.

Cliff