Re: [opensuse-ruby] Re: systemsmanagement:chef/crowbar not building
On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 22:32 +0800
Sascha Peilicke <speilicke@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Friday 28 February 2014 15:29:06 Josef Reidinger wrote:
On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 22:16:56 +0800

Sascha Peilicke <speilicke@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 27 February 2014 19:00:43 you wrote:
* Sascha Peilicke <speilicke@xxxxxxxx> [Feb 27. 2014 16:55]:
Also, there are still some other OBS projects that are in deep red
after
the very agile ruby changes (systemsmanagement:chef/crowbar).

Indeed, the project setup for systemsmanagement:chef:master seems
broken since many rubygem packages fail for openSUSE_Factory while they
succeed in d:l:r:e

It broke because the whole of devel:languages:ruby{:backports,:extensions)
was changed by you. You wanted to get your SLE12 feature in and I'll bet
a beer you'll silently disappear just after SLE12 goes GMC.

It is not about SLE12 at all. It is about getting ruby2.1 into opensuse.
Problem is that it change some locations and we want to be better prepared
for future. It also reflect that opensuse support in one release one ruby
version.

Which was decided by whom again?

see whole discussion at this mailing list about ruby 2.1. You can speak up
anytime - http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-ruby/2014-01/msg00000.html and
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-ruby/2014-01/msg00036.html
I do not see any issue that cause problem to opensuse. Just that SUSE cloud can
have problem with single ruby version in distro and I am still not convinced
that it really will have it.

Josef

P.S. no need to CC me, I am on the list