Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-releaseteam (9 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-releaseteam] Re: Packages you maintain are present in openSUSE:Leap:15.0
  • From: Dirk Mueller <dirk.mueller@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 16:42:34 +0200
On Dienstag, 29. Mai 2018 15:35:34 CEST Ludwig Nussel wrote:

Hi Ludwig,

- Base:System/acct
[hundreds more]
$ osc meta pkg Base:System acct
<person userid="kstreitova" role="bugowner"/>

I have no idea what you're trying to tell me, can you explain? katharina is
correctly set as bugowner. as she is a SUSE employee, it would make sense to
set her as maintainer (aka bugowner) for leap as well, right?

in OBS the "bugowner" describs the package owner (it is the person the bug
should be assigned to). the maintainer is just someone who has write access to
the package. For details, see https://en.opensuse.org/
openSUSE:Package_maintainership_guide. I am not sure why I have write access
to the package as I'm already a package maintainer for it but I do indeed
regulary review package submissions (so a maintainer role makes sense). that
doesn't make me the designated go to person for security / maintenance update
requests though (difference between reviewer and package maintainer (aka the
person doing the work) here).

I'm confused on why I need to explain this to you as you obviously know that?
what am I missing? I've reread your email now twice, and I'm jetlagging..

Thanks,
Dirk