Re: [opensuse-project] systemd 234? what the literal eff you cee kay?
  • From: Mathias Homann <Mathias.Homann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:01:28 +0200
Am Montag, 20. Juli 2020, 10:58:22 CEST schrieb Dan Čermák:
Hi Mathias,

Mathias Homann <Mathias.Homann@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
OK, who decided to stick with a THREE YEAR OLD systemd in Leap 15.2, and
why?

There are open bugs in that version that have been fixed TWO YEARS AGO.

Asking for advice about that kind of stuff upstream is just plain old
embarrassing!

I would like to give you a "good" reason, but it boils down to systemd
coming from SLE and that there probably wasn't the time and/or manpower
to update it for SLE 15 SP2.

However, I would kindly ask you to consider using a different tone in
the future. The currently very negative tone on the mailinglists is
actively detracting community members (see for instance:
https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-project/2020-07/msg00116.html).

@all: sorry for that.

Can I safely replace that with the up to date systemd from factory?

Yes, if you feel confident with dealing the unpredictable and
potentially catastrophic fallout. So the answer is rather: no, don't do
it, things will probably break.

Here comes ye olde VM ... XD

Cheers

Mathias
--
Mathias Homann
Mathias.Homann@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Jabber (XMPP): lemmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IRC: [Lemmy] on freenode and ircnet (bouncer active)
telegram: https://telegram.me/lemmy98
keybase: https://keybase.io/lemmy
gpg key fingerprint: 8029 2240 F4DD 7776 E7D2 C042 6B8E 029E 13F2 C102
< Previous Next >