Re: [opensuse-project] Non-Confidence Petition
  • From: Robin Shepheard <robin.shepheard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2020 13:02:37 +0000

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Sunday, 19 July 2020 13:02, Robert Schweikert <rjschwei@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

OK, this is a "he said - she said" story at this point.

Membership has voted the board stays

STOP STOP STOP take your bickering off list if you feel the need to continue

IT MUST END

I realise that as I am not a member I may be speaking out of turn here, if I am
please feel free to say so, but I have to urgently ask that the message quoted
is heeded.

I have considered attempting to contribute to openSUSE with the limited skills
I have from some time now, however the tone of the mailing list has been
incredibly disconcerting. I know that as an Aspergers sufferer I may not be the
best gauge for other peoples reactions but the infighting has been a major
discouragement.

I found the discord and telegram groups and have found them to be incredibly
friendly, welcoming and a credit to the community and has made me realise that
the mailing list isn't the whole openSUSE world but it is likely the first
place that people find if they are looking to contribute and it doesn't portray
the great community that openSUSE really has.

I am also aware that the mailing list isn't a social list and it is required
for the functioning of the community and I have no suggestion as to how anyone
could fix this, so I know I am not adding any value in that sense. I do make
the plea that, from my admittedly warped view of the world, stop appearing to
be trying to score points. Please now look to the future. I understand that
people have been upset and hurt by what has happened and I don't know the
details, to be honest I don't want to as it is not my business, and I know this
makes it hard but for the good of the community please look at how your message
looks to those that aren't directly involved and have just joined, want to join
or are just looking at the mailing list archives online.

If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

Thanks

Robin

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.
< Previous Next >