[opensuse-project] Notes from the board on the recent thread
Dear Community,

several members asked for a clarification and, even if we tried to
keep the desired confidentiality as already mentioned in the other
threads, there are not many alternatives to (at least) partially
disclosing what happened in the last weeks.

What guided the decision taken were our community guiding principles
and code of conduct.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Guiding_principles

"We value respect for other persons and their contributions, for other
opinions and beliefs. We listen to arguments and address problems in a
constructive and open way. We believe that a diverse community based
on mutual respect is the base for a creative and productive
environment enabling the project to be truly successful. We don't
tolerate social discrimination and aim at creating an environment
where people feel accepted and safe from offense."

For the second time Sarah significantly breached the guiding
principles and how she chose to deal with this situation led to 2/3rds
of board members believing that she should step down from her role
within the board.

As all of you can imagine, this decision was not an easy one, and the
board gave her the opportunity to try to solve what happened.
Unfortunately the ultimate outcome was to offer her to step down
instead of publicly removing her from the board per the openSUSE
election rules.

Christian was the board member against this decision and to our regret
decided to step down.

Yours
Marina,
On behalf of the board.