[opensuse-project] Re: openSUSE Project Name Change Vote - Results
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 04:04:20 -0000 (UTC)
On Mon, 11 Nov 2019 14:20:01 +1030, Simon Lees wrote:

Not quite, had the result been significantly closer the board likely
wouldn't have taken this result as final and likely would have explored
ways to get more feedback, but given that 45% of registered members
voted to keep the name as is, it is hugely unlikely that any change we
made to the process would have resulted in an additional 200 or 80% of
people who didn't vote voting for yes without any voting for no or a
similar number of people changing there minds from don't change to
change. That is in the ball park of what would have been required for
the vote to be close.

Bottom line: Nobody knows why those 224 people didn't vote; we can only
guess. It may well have been apathy, it may well have been insufficient
information to make an informed vote.

We'll never know, and apparently because we got a result that the board
is happy with, we're not going to even worry about it or try to find out
- and we're happy to make assumptions because we're happy with the result.

--
Jim Henderson