[opensuse-project] Re: openSUSE Project Name Change Vote - Results
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 03:10:36 -0000 (UTC)
On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 16:31:07 +0400, Ish Sookun wrote:

Hi Jim,

On 11/10/19 12:10 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
Emphatically no. My concerns were not addressed, so I did not vote.

Had my concerns been addressed, I may have voted yes, or I may have
voted no.

The mailing list thread existed to address concerns. You could keep
asking questions until all your concerns are addressed for you to be
able to settle on a "Yes" or "No" answer.

I *did* continue asking questions. Nobody responded to them.

So I gave up. I have better things to do than to keep saying the same
thing over and over and be ignored.

I finally settled on "if I don't get an answer to this, I'll just STFU."
And I didn't get an answer. Nobody addressed my questions of concerns.
NOBODY.

I explained why it was not feasible to decide "yes" or "no" without
knowing what we might potentially change the name to. I repeatedly said
that that *mattered*, and nobody tried to understand.

So I gave up. I'm only going to beat my head against the wall so much.

--
Jim Henderson