Re: [opensuse-project] Re: openSUSE Project Name Change Vote - Results

On 11/10/19 6:38 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
And non-voting was 224.

That's pretty telling, because at least some of us who didn't vote
explicitly didn't vote because our questions about the vote were not
addressed.

Given previous history of activity from Board elections since we did the
membership cleanup 224 non-voting is around the same or slightly less
then board elections. So its not really that telling it seems reasonably
consistent with the number of inactive / are members for other reasons
such as mail alias's then choose not to vote / forgot / didn't have time.

Do we know how many people changed their vote after the wiki page was
updated with more information?

As we use a good secure voting system it is impossible to see who voted
for what during the progress we can only see the number of people who
have voted at any point. But as an indication most of the people who
ended up voting had already voted atleast once before we created the
wiki page, just before is the only time Ish communicated with the board
the number of people who had already voted. Given at that point it was
around what I expected I wasn't too concerned about asking for updates.

Do we have any information about why anyone who changed their vote did so
(I'm going to guess no, but who knows? Maybe we have some solid
information about why people who changed their votes did).

The voting system doesn't ask 'why are you changing your vote' so beyond
what is said on mailing lists we have no way of knowing.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30

List Navigation
Follow Ups