Re: [opensuse-project] postmaster@xxxxxxx and spam on opensuse.org addresses
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2019 18:00:04 +0100
Mathias Homann wrote:

I think I've already posted about this, but I think there really needs
to be done something.

About 75% or even more of the spam I'm getting arrives at my
opensuse.org email, and on closer inspection has been directly
delivered to the secondary MX for opensuse.org.

I take that spam, and feed it through spamcop.net which results in a
complaint being sent to postmaster@xxxxxxx, and I am getting the
feeling that no one reads mails to that address, because in I don't
know how many years I have gotten not a SINGLE reaction.

From the behaviour of "the system I can draw two conclusions:
1. that MX has no spam filter capabilities what so ever, not even
something as simple as dns based block lists
2. no one gives a shit.

I have already posted on that suse internal tracker thing that was
suggested to me last time I said anything - and also no real reaction
other than someone answering in a truly noncommital way, see
https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/55838

That was my reply, yes.

"And since the junk has already passed through a (poorly configured?)
spamassassin, my local spamassassin thinks all is legit o.0"

This is really a problem in your setup, I suggest. Your spamassassin
should _not_ trust any previously added X-SpamAssassion headers. It
would make it dead-easy for spammers to circumvent the filtering.

I mean, there is so much that *can* be done, spamassassin *with* DNS
blacklists, postgrey, you name it.

I would invite you to join the openSUSE Heroes and have a go, but the
mail servers are run by SUSE-IT.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (5.9°C)
Member, openSUSE Heroes.