Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Project Name Change Vote - Results
* Knurpht-openSUSE <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-08-19 12:00]:
Op vrijdag 8 november 2019 17:49:46 CET schreef Patrick Shanahan:
while I personally want to keep the present "openSUSE" moniker, basing
anything on the vote results is critically flawed as Carlos and I
mentioned earlier and in related threads. Those choosing not to vote
as no agreeable option was presented skews the results and no-one can
determine the true wants of the community. The *only* thing you can
report is that OF THE PEOPLE VOTING, 84% opted to keep openSUSE. you
would get a similar and worthless result if only three poeple voted
and two opted to keep the name.

In the future, if a vote is proposed, at least determine what is
necessary to display the wants of the community as nearly as possible
rather than ONLY the desires of those choosing to vote.

Can we read this as your stepping up as a future election-official?
Apparently they missed your wisdom.

My *wisdon* was imparted in great detail in many instances and prior to
the poll presentation and request for votes and my several other users.
It would probably be sufficient to announce a pending poll/vote with
requests for definition here.

the *glaring* omission invalidating the subject vote was explained in
great detail before the first and second offering for a vote. and was
debated and ignored.

an *opinion* poll is worthless unless options are provided to include all
wanting to vote and results are worthless without those options.