Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE documentation
  • From: Frank Sundermeyer <fs@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2019 17:02:23 +0200
On Sunday, 6 October 2019 12:47:15 CEST Ish Sookun wrote:

Hi,

I am a member of the SUSE doc team and can only confirm what has already been
said before:

During the openSUSE Asia Summit's community meeting we discussed things
that should be & can be done. One of those was about the openSUSE
documentation.

I checked doc.opensuse.org.

I notice that all the documentation are currently copyrighted [1] by
SUSE. Although the docs are granted GNU Free Documentation License it
sounds proper to have the content ownership under openSUSE. Such a thing
should not wait for the creation of a foundation.

SLE and openSUSE have the same code base and this is also true for the
documentation. The SLE documentation is written by the SUSE documentation team
and the copyright lies with SUSE. The openSUSE documentation is generated from
the same sources as the SLE documentation (https://github.com/SUSE/doc-sle).

It also appears that the documentation workload is currently on the
shoulders of the SUSE documentation team (only). I would like to help,
more specifically collaborating with Kubic/MicroOS team to have a
Container documentation. How should I proceed?

It was already pointed out that https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Kubic is THE
place for Kubic documentation.
In case you want to contribute to the standard openSUSE documentation, above
mentioned GitHub repository is the place to start. If you have got questions,
feel free to contact me by PM.

--
Regards
Frank

Frank Sundermeyer, Project Manager Documentation
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg
Tel: +49-911-74053-0, Fax: +49-911-7417755; http://www.suse.com/
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, HRB 247165 (AG München)