Re: [opensuse-project] Re: RFC: How to improve openSUSE websites
  • From: Pierre Böckmann <pb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 09:52:00 +0200
On Tuesday, 18 June 2019 02:03:10 CEST Jim Henderson wrote:
On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 01:04:39 +0200, Vinzenz Vietzke wrote:
The thing is: opensuse.org is /the/ starting point for everyone with
either little or no knowledge of openSUSE at all.

One would think so, but I'm surprised on our FB presence how many people
don't know to go there. The number of questions we see there about
"where do I go to download openSUSE?" or "where can I get more
information" is far higher than I would expect.

That's true. Even true to other openSUSE and Linux social media groups.
Although I don't know why, because the Leap 15.1 download link is extremely
present on the opensuse.org landingpage. Although when not landing on the
mainpage navigation etc becomes a bit cluttered. So we might want to think
about improving the general UI and UX to be more streamlined with important
links present everywhere in the main menues like the Wiki/Documentation and
download pages.