Re: [opensuse-project] Membership Management Project: What is your progress???
On 02/03/2019 09.13, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am 02.03.19 um 00:17 schrieb Fraser_Bell:

Your main concern was the spam, and you have done well.  That is
progress, IMHO.

Just as a progress report: I'm now at page 160 of the users directory
(newest first, 10 per page) at checking and banning SPAM accounts.

How do you detect those? :-?

Funny names?

But actually the ones back there do not really matter, because they do
not turn up on the front page and thus are never seen (non-logged-in
cannot browse the users list AFAICT and logged in at least would have to
actively search for a user to find a spam account), so I will basically
shift down to just watching the front page and treating new spammers
accordingly.

Right.

I have not seen new spammers creating groups yet, this seems to have
been only a few some years back that had specialized on the elgg
platform AFAICT, and they are deleted already.

I deleted some at the start that seemed recent, but not much. And some
polls.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.