Re: SPAM prevention (was Re: [opensuse-project] Membership Management Project: What is your progress???)
On 3/1/19 8:27 AM, James Mason wrote:

On Fri, 2019-03-01 at 10:44 +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 28/02/2019 23.13, Fraser_Bell wrote:
Some updates are requested to what is happening.

There is no spam in sight at connect, mostly Stefan Seyfried doing.

About the new platform I will not say, I know nothing about them.

I recommend considering CleanTalk ( https://cleantalk.org ) as a spam
solution; we implemented for LinuxFest Northwest this year, after being
inundated with hundreds of fake accounts originating in Russia (?!?)
over the course of a single week.

It was easy to implement, has open source toolkits in most languages,
and is very reasonably priced, without the annoyance (and other
baggage) of things like Captchas (which don't work against humans ;-)

- -- James Mason <jmason@xxxxxxxx>
SUSE

Thanks, James. Definitely something to look into once we are setting up the new system, depending on what the Team ultimately chooses.

--
-Gerry Makaro
openSUSE Member