Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Members retirement
On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 4:59 AM, Michal Hrusecky
<Michal.Hrusecky@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everybody,

as you all know, we have the openSUSE Members, a group of contributors through
their sustained and substantial contributors that are eligible to participate
in elections, have @opensuse.org mail and other perks. We have now about 600
of them, but as you can see[1] in last openSUSE Board elections only 150 of
them voted.

If you expect everyone subscribed to opensuse-project to be able to
read [1], you need to loosen its permissions. I believe it is
restricted to opensuse members only. I do know I can't read it.

Q: What if mail with warning gets lost?

A: If you lose your membership by accident by losing an e-mail, you can still
contact membership committee and as a retired member you will be reinstated
immediately without voting/verification that takes time. And you should fix
your e-mail in connect.opensuse.org in that case ;-)

According to https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-project/2016-03/msg00039.html,
"AI: Michal is retiring connect.opensuse.org". If so, where will
opensuse member mailing addresses be maintained?

[1]
https://connect.opensuse.org/pg/polls/read/pluskalm/49480/opensuse-board-election-20152016