Re: [opensuse-project] What about opensuse life cycle and roadmap?
Le mardi 28 juillet 2015 à 11:16 +0200, jdd a écrit :
Le 28/07/2015 10:56, Frederic Crozat a écrit :

End of life of SLED12 codebase will happen 6 months after SLED 13 SP1 is
released.

can you say a few words to explain how you can assume 13 years of
support, when nobody knows really what will be the PC market in let only
3 years?

That is why we are doing service packs : to adapt to market requirements
(including new hardware support). I wrote "SLED12 codebase", not "SLED
12 SP0". Each service pack is only supported 6 months after a new
service pack is released.

And the information I gave was about SLED, not SLES (which has a longer
lifecycle than SLED and customers can even buy long term support if they
need it).

--
Frederic Crozat
Enterprise Desktop Release Manager