Re: [opensuse-project] What about opensuse life cycle and roadmap?
Mandag den 27. juli 2015 20:24:01 skrev Martin Schlander:
A few things are pretty clear.

1) The "service packs" will be mandatory. Otherwise you might end up with
3-4 different supported releases at any given time, which is just not going
to happen. There will probably be something like a 6 month time frame to
upgrade to the next "service pack".

2) It will never be possible to say exactly how long 42.1 is supported. That
depends entirely on the whims of SLE business managers. But I guess we can
rule out service packs coming more frequent than 12 month intervals. So all
you can say is something along the lines of "we expect 42.2 to be released
12-18 months later, and 42.1 will be supported until the release 42.2+6
months".

Of course if we could give people a 12 month time frame to upgrade to/install
the service pack, that would guarantee 42.1 a 2 year lifetime minimum.

And we would still "only" have two stable releases to maintain at any given
time.