Re: [opensuse-project] What about opensuse life cycle and roadmap?
Le 26/07/2015 16:23, Martin Schlander a écrit :

"At least 3 years" was thrown around many times. So I guess we can assume 42.x
will be supported "at least until November 2018". Maybe it would be possible
to add an additional promise of support for 6 or 12 months after the release
of Leap 43 or similar, guaranteeing people some form of reasonable timeframe
to upgrade to 43.

I have no information more than anybody here, but read most of what was said on the subject.

What I got as feeling is that the new system is a bit different from the old one.

We will have in November 2015 leap 42.1, based on SUSEcore 12.2 (?)
then we will have some mandatory security updates as previously
In November 2016 (one year) we will get a service pack that is a bit more than an update. it will give 42.1.2 (?), but it may give us some newer product, at least minor versions (may be search to see how SUSE manage service packs, I don't had yet the time to do it).
then again security updates only
then a new service pack... and so on until November 2018.

At that time, SUSE core will be upgraded to 13 (or 12.3??)

I'm pretty sure going from 42.1.3 to 42.2 will be very easy and very well tested.

Right now 42 is only 1/3 SUSE, so how will openSUSE manage the other 2/3 is still unknown

The fact that SUSE hire a new distribution manager is probably a sign than hard work is to be done soon :-)

jdd