Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Improving the bug management lifecycle/process
Le 16/05/2012 18:41, Bryen M Yunashko a écrit :

And let's be honest. People don't want to read, read, read. They
encounter a problem and just want to report it and be done with it.

I don't think so.

people want they bug *fixed*. It's of no use to have more bugs reported if we can't fix them...

now bugzilla is frightening, so only solid people report, and then this is not enough to have good reports and fixed bugs.

So, IMHO, we should first have *less* bugs, but *more* solved

Most bug report have to be managed extremely fast, because it's often difficult to keep a buggy system only waiting a needinfo

The best ever debugging system I experienced was an online chat system. Not IRC, pear to pear (one to one) system.

I don't imagine we can manage this. The main advantage is that it works with a simple browser, no special IRC config

could it be possible / usefull to *require* an IRC chat *before* reporting a bug????

jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net