Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-project] Religious and political views in packages
Am 09.09.2011 15:54, schrieb Per Jessen:
Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-09-09 at 09:35 -0300, aledr wrote:
>> Is this thread what it meant to be?
>> Starting a discussion about not offending people with biased
>> religious views, taking neutral stance, but using words like 'bedtime
>> story', fairytales, imaginary beings, ... seems to be a frustrated
>> try that would be better to never happen.
>> I must say that It is a funny rationale, to not say tragic.
>
> Welcome to the "open" world of the champions of
> "tolerance" [ "tolerance" meaning "bigotry which is too high-minded to
> recognize itself" ].
>
> If this were a software package about Asatru would anyone care? I
> really doubt it.
>
> This is just another special-purpose software-package that isn't
> installed by default; I can't bring myself to care about the text in
> their package info so long as it isn't profane and doesn't directly
> incite violence
I think Adam's got the right end of the stick here. Why don't we just
leave this particular can of worms until someone actually feels
offended?

I think that´s the big problem here. You might could do, but for the case it *happens*, the project is in the greased. If so, there would be a big flame on a mailing list of your desire, and other religion´s people would might be feel offended.

This could happen today, or tomorrow but even not for the next 2000 years.

So, there´s way B: Ask *before* packaging, and create an big hill of emails for this topic. Also here, some people (fundamentalists) might feel offended as well,

so, anyway we do it, we will be the losers...

--
-o) Kim Leyendecker
/\\ openSUSE Ambassador, openSUSE Wiki Team DE