Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Come and help!
On Fri, 15 Apr 2011, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Most people choose forums, that's a fact. If newcommers do not find the
help they need to make openSUSE work, they will go to another distro, not
to a mail list.

No matter what you say about the goodness of maillists will convince them.
That's how things are now. Perhaps in 4 years time the preferred method
will be something else yet to be invented, but now and here it is forums.

I understand that's the world we live in, but large omnibus forums are a *terrible* way to interact with users, from a developer standpoint - I simply don't have enough time in the day to monitor a dozen+ sub-forums for threads that are asking questions that I can answer. Is it possible to somehow automatically flag keywords in new topic submissions in the forum? That would be very helpful.

--
Matt Barringer, Software Engineer
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG N├╝rnberg)