Re: [opensuse-project] future features
Le 04/04/2011 18:07, Jos Poortvliet a écrit :

If you plan to work on something cool, say it.

there are some things Linux lacks. In my domain of work, the main lack is a decent linear video editor and the tool chain necessary to build a dvd.

In fact there are many, but none is really ready for use. So may be we could focus on some.

Right now, I'm scanning all the dvdauthor GUI. Most are a bit buggy (but most minor bugs that are to be solved soon)

see http://dodin.org/wiki/index.php?n=Doc.DVDAuthoringWithOpenSUSELinux

may be we should discuss of *one* app to focus on (and drop the others or let them to upstream), but make this one rock solid.

I would probably vote for Kdenlive + KMediaManager, but I don't worry which one we choose, providing we choose one. I'm tired to have to use W for video editing :-))

May I note that on the W world, there are several good and cheap video editors, the semi-pro model being Adobe Pro (Adobe Premiere, magix, ulead, pinnacle studio and so on, with a cost range of $50-$100), this mean there is a market and potential users.

kdenlive, for example, is way lighter than magix, for similar features, but needs obviously some manpower for debugging

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgxog7_clip-l-ombre-et-la-lumiere-3-bad-pigeons_music