Re: [opensuse-project] Test/Doc volunteer needed - Upgrade to 11.4 via yast2 wagon
On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 4:33 PM, jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le 11/03/2011 20:44, Greg Freemyer a écrit :

What is not worthwhile?  Testing and doc?

no, using waggon like it's now

I admit to using zypper dup myself, but I'm very command line comfortable.

The tool was developed for SLED service pack updates and I assume will
be supported for that use regardless of what openSUSE does.

So openSUSE is just leveraging wagon for a more "GUI" based update.

in fact, not so, changing repos like it's explained in the wiki is
common to the two ways and one have to add waggon.

It could certainly be enhanced. after all, waggon have only use to get
a new distro, why clicking on a distro name shouldn't it be enough to
have all the steps done? (clic on "11.4" and voilà...

Fully agreed, vote for this if you like

https://features.opensuse.org/310405

It offers little functionality not already in the:

update repos
zypper in zypper
zypper dup

process, but it is more graphically attractive.

don't see this.

May be it's really a doc problem. How is managed the applications
change (may be it's what "dup" do?), for example hal->udev or the
updater applet change?

Not sure what your saying, but wagon will first upgrade the
yast/zypper software stack, then upgrade the full distro.

But you have to manually update the repos before you start it.

Greg