Re: [opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-announce] Creating a group of conserned Users and Novell partners/longer life time for openSUSE... (LONG POST)
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 16:38:27 +0200
Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009, Per Jessen wrote:
Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
We SMB's really do not have the time to really customize a SLE(D,S)
on our own for each industry. We are forced to specialize. Hence
this group to pool all our resources to from a united front to offer
a Novell alternitive to the current precived best choice Red Hat
alternitive that already has a large community and CentOS to RHEL
path that looks really good to many business.

Wait. Which SMBs are we talking about - the end-user or the
consultancy? I thought we were talking about the end-user. My
company doesn't sell or provide openSUSE to anyone - nor SLED/S for
that matter. We are an openSUSE user, we use openSUSE as our core
platform for servers and desktop.

I am taling about all Small-Medium Businesses. User,
consultancy/resellars. The comments are what I have personally heard
from many different people with regards to any Novell offering, right
now. The biggest concern for any I have told that the lifetime is now
only 18 months is very very bad. Tending towards having to find a
different distro and they need longer support.

So back on topic. I am seeking to form a group of users that when
joined form a group with $$$ behind them to gain attention from the
upper Novell management to address the needs of SMB's.

Okay, the lifetime is not an issue for my company, but I'd like to tag
along and see where you go.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich