Re: [opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-announce] Creating a group of conserned Users and Novell partners/longer life time for openSUSE... (LONG POST)
  • From: Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 08:13:53 -0600
On Sat, 22 Aug 2009, Per Jessen wrote:
Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
We SMB's really do not have the time to really customize a SLE(D,S) on
our own for each industry. We are forced to specialize. Hence this
group to pool all our resources to from a united front to offer a
Novell alternitive to the current precived best choice Red Hat
alternitive that already has a large community and CentOS to RHEL path
that looks really good to many business.

Wait. Which SMBs are we talking about - the end-user or the
consultancy? I thought we were talking about the end-user. My company
doesn't sell or provide openSUSE to anyone - nor SLED/S for that matter.
We are an openSUSE user, we use openSUSE as our core platform for
servers and desktop.

I am taling about all Small-Medium Businesses. User, consultancy/resellars. The comments are what I have personally heard from many different people with regards to any Novell offering, right now. The biggest concern for any I have told that the lifetime is now only 18 months is very very bad. Tending towards having to find a different distro and they need longer support.

So back on topic. I am seeking to form a group of users that when joined form a group with $$$ behind them to gain attention from the upper Novell management to address the needs of SMB's.

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx> 801 849-0213