  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 11:36:01 +0200
Le mardi 04 août 2009, à 10:20 +0200, Martin Schlander a écrit :
And let me add, you do not just select the software to install - you also
select what level of community support you're going to have available to you
-
in terms of online help, packages, howtos etc.

I'm sorry, I tried really hard not to reply, but I'm tired of seeing
statements like this one. Here, you're implying that GNOME is not well
supported (or at least, not as well as KDE from a few orders of
magnitude), and really, you're hurting feelings here. Hopefully, this
was not your intention and you'll be more careful in the future.

(and I don't want to pick on you specifically: there were other
statements with similar results in this thread)

This is just an example of what the GNOME community lives with in
openSUSE, so we do have a thick skin. But it's still harming the
community when you say this; and I'm sure we lost people because of
this.

That doesn't help your original message.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.