Re: [opensuse-project] Proposal: Create development information sharing blog for openSUSE activities
  • From: "Masim \"Vavai\" Sugianto" <vavai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 09:28:39 +0700
On 2/27/08, Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx> wrote:
"Francis Giannaros" <francis@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> In general I agree with Benji's comments on this. I like the idea but
> a "Cool Blogs" kind of setup is counter-productive in my opinion (same
> post posted in two places), but a "place for developers to easily

Yes, I see the issue with the duplicate posts.
The idea itself sound as an interesting idea. It's one of the lack
features in openSUSE community to have a specific website that focused
on openSUSE development process and post an idea.

If we talked about planetsuse.org, some of the content is off topic
and out of the openSUSE terms. James would be better to talk in this
kind items. I will contact him if he didn't subscribe to this list.

I think it should be nice to have a specific blog rather than utilize
an existing one. We talk about specific blog with all of content
related to the openSUSE stuff.

The content can be generated by feeding a specific categories
or tag from blog member that related to openSUSE, or by developing a
multi user development blog. Some blog engine like Wordpress or
Serendipity have a nice feature to mix both 2 option, so we can feed
up blog member and at the same time, write a post manually.

> host/have their openSUSE blogs" is a nice idea. It could encourage
> some developers to blog more. Think: http://kdedevelopers.org style

And that's my goal, I'd like to see more people blogging.

> where people are also individually on the feed of Planet KDE.

That would miss the "tagging" part which I consider rather interesting.

http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/ is a good example about development
blog we talk about. I don't think it would be a duplicate content we
still have news.opensuse.org, planetsuse.org and "this-site". in the
"real" world, one blog could be feeds by one or more planet
aggregator.

> I like lizards.opensuse.org too.

;-)

How about komodo.opensuse.org :-). Komodo, grand father of Geeko :-),
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komodo_dragon

Andreas

--
Best Regards,