Re: [opensuse-project] IRC cloaks
  • From: "Claes Backstrom" <claes.backstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 21:14:51 +0100
On Feb 7, 2008 8:08 PM, Carlos Gonçalves <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Em Quinta, 7 de Fevereiro de 2008, o Benji Weber escreveu:
On 07/02/2008, Carlos Gonçalves <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
distinguishes /user, /board, and /developer (where I think /developer
should only be used by Novell employees).

Why do you think only Novell employees can be developers?

I don't think *only* Novell employees can be developers. What I do think is
that 'developer' could be a title given to those who develop openSUSE
full-time, which is what Novell employees are.

However, I must admit that 'developer' isn't properly the best category to put
them in, though I didn't find a better one at that time - the reason why I
proposed use @opensuse/developer.

Ah! Suggestion: @opensuse/core/<nickname> ?

Forgive me to be insisting on this but I really would like to see in action
@opensuse/<(novell-employees-or-so)>, @opensuse/contributor, and
@opensuse/user openSUSE cloaks.

I don't see the reason why to distinguish between openSUSE "members"
and Novell employed personal. openSUSE should aim to be a community
project not a Novell project. Nothing wrong with being a Novell
project but I don't think openSUSE should be that. Even if Novell got
the ball rolling. My hope is that this would be a great project even
if Novell took a step back. Today this would not work but maybe some
day in the future.

Warm Regards,
Claes Backstrom
< Previous Next >