Re: [opensuse-packaging] lib prefix considered harmful

On Tuesday 2013-11-26 10:08, Michal Vyskocil wrote:

I would like to point to quite common anti-pattern when packaging shared
libraries. It is great that most of people are aware about our Shared
Library Policy[1]. However it is written in some confusing way, where
some people (and I made it as well) think it mandate the name of
**source** package.

The omission of a statement "this applies to a subpackage,
not the source package" produces a certain ambiguity (and that
should be fixed - thanks that you take the time), but other than
that, is it really "confusing"?