Re: [opensuse-packaging] Opinions about OBS notifications
  • From: Cristian Morales Vega <reddwarf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 14:34:56 +0100
On 16 July 2012 14:07, Christopher Hofmann <cwh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

we are trying to find out whether the current notification system we are
using in the OBS useful and fulfills the requirements of its users.

So a loose collection of questions might be:
Do you know the different ways of being notified (email, RSS, twitter)?

Didn't know about Twitter.

Do you use other channels than email?

No.

Do you know the configuration interface https://hermes.opensuse.org/ ?

Yes.

Do you use it? means: did you ever tweak params there?

Yes.

Is it intuitive to use?

What it does it does in an intuitive way. But it doesn't do a lot and
you are forced to use the expert mode.

Did you ever use the expert mode?

I try to.

Is the expert mode intuitive to use?

NOOOO. I'm still asking myself how to
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2012-06/msg00226.html

Are you missing features?

No.

Is it working as you expected? (Except of things already known as bugs.)

Yes.

Other thoughts?

The expert mode would not need to be so intuitive if it at least had
some documentation.