Re: [opensuse-packaging] Automatic submission of changes to Factory
On 30.01.2012 12:05, Juergen Weigert wrote:
On Jan 30, 12 10:37:26 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
For a while, we've had the issue of packages with changes in devel
projects not always being submitted to Factory. At the last openSUSE
Conference, it appeared that not everyone was aware that this had to be
manually done, and one solution that was discussed involved automatic
submission.

After some push from coolo, I finished a script I started working on a
while ago, and we now have obs-autosubmit:
https://gitorious.org/opensuse/obs-autosubmit

To put it simply, it submits unsubmitted changes to Factory. It tries
hard to be clever, [...]
Things that are clever usually fail horribly sometimes.

For years we have learned that not everything qualifies for Factory.
Some of the packages I felt important were rejected with something like
'They make Factory too big'.
That must be pretty old news. Anyway, new packages are not the topic
here. We're talking about 375 packages that are already in factory and
have an updated .changes file in their devel project and are not
submitted. Some for weeks.

Greetings, Stephan

This does not mix well with the idea that devel maintainers should
be responsible for filling up Factory.