Re: [opensuse-packaging] RFC: Cleanup of packages - checking doc files
On 01/19/2012 12:07 PM, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
But another thing I was thinking about years ago (I guess I even filed
it in bugzilla before I left SUSE but not sure right now):
RPM knows --excludedocs. Was that considered to be added as an option to
zypp. This sounds like a valid usecase for appliances if someone wants a
system as small as possible but accept to lose man pages as well.

It's there but maybe default option should be set to yes

##
## Options for package installation: excludedocs
##
## Don't install any files which are marked as documentation.
##
## Valid values: boolean
## Default value: no
##