Re: [opensuse-packaging] GCC 4.4 hints for packagers
  • From: Michael Matz <matz@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 17:46:46 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

GCC 4.4 will appear sooner or later on factory, and some of your
packages may fail to build.

In a few days we will have gcc44 in factory, _as additional package_.
I.e. we don't change the default compiler right now. If you simply
buildrequire gcc (or nothing at all) you will get gcc and hence gcc43,
nothing changes.

But for testing purposes you then (after it's in the tree) can try with
the new compiler.

Ciao,
Michael.