Re: [opensuse-packaging] Package sale
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 13:15:05 +0200
On 2008-09-16 13:07:13 +0200, Christoph Thiel wrote:
On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 03:06:19PM -0400, Christoph Thiel wrote:
* smart
* yum
* yum-metadata-parser
* yum-utils

Since noone took those packages, I have now filled a drop request on them.
Having said that, I would still like to push them to Contrib or offer them
trough a different build service project.

BTW, smart is already being maintained by Pascal and myself at
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/smart/

If you are interested in taking over yum in Contrib or another build service
project, please speak up and I'll get the latests package sources in your
hands!

you can not drop smart as long other packages are depending on it. afaik
kiwi still defaults to smart as package manager for image creation.

so long ...

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux