Re: [opensuse-packaging] openSUSE and QT locale against gettext
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 15:21:48 +0200
Am Mittwoch 02 April 2008 schrieb Dirk Stoecker:
Hello,

to make it a bit more user friendly I want to translate merkaartor (in
BuildService Application:Geo). This is a QT4 software with tr()'s
everywhere in the source, but no localisation done yet.

Now my questions is - how to do that for openSUSE/linux? QT uses the
linguist and it's own fileformat, whereas under linux gettext is used. Is
there a style guide or a generic approach for QT localization under Linux?
Using linguist is no problem, it just requires that translators use another
tool than they are used to. But if it's just you, it doesn't matter :)

I know KDE uses gettext as well, but never looked into the details. I also
did not find something helpful when using Google. Any tips?
KDE installs a QTranslator

Greeings, Stephan