Re: [opensuse-packaging] The return of usr-local-bin
  • From: Stanislav Brabec <sbrabec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 12:54:20 +0200
Adrian Schröter píše v Po 12. 06. 2006 v 12:04 +0200:

> Welcome James,
>
> please coordinate Gnome related packages together with Stanislav Brabec
> <sbrabec@xxxxxxx> . He plans to start to work on Gnome packages in ~ 1 month.

The plan is following:

After SLED10 release we plan to start upgrading to gnome 2.15.x.

As part of that we want to do a patch upstreaming effort - we have too
many patches.

We also want to standardize spec files.

As a part of this, we think about:

- better and consistent package naming scheme after dropping of most
parts of GNOME1.

- move prefix from /opt/gnome to /usr.

There is a potential problem with binary compatibility. It's easy to
make a symlink /opt/gnome -> /usr to provide this compatibility, but it
is a well known RPM issue, that it will delete required files after it.
We hope this bug will be fixed for 10.2 or at least for SLES11.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer