Re: [opensuse-kernel] scheduling while atomic with 2.6.31.8
On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 01:54:05PM -0500, Jeff Mahoney wrote:
A previous version of this patch did essentially the same thing except
it open coded the read/write calls instead. You can see why I think this
version is a bit more flexible.

As an aside, I think one potential solution might be to implement a
simple_file_write() that sidesteps all of the generic infrastructure
surrounding do_sync_write().

I'm exploring that now.

Open coding something minimal might be the best idea, yes.