[opensuse-kde3] Re: bluetooth crash
On 2017-08-19 23:39:11 Felix Miata wrote:
Leslie Turriff composed on 2017-08-19 22:28 (UTC-0500):
Is there any chance that KDE3's bluetooth utilities will be fixed anytime
soon? I recently bought a bluetooth keyboard so that I can have one
keyboard for multiple desktops, but the KDE3 bluetooth utilities just
crash when I try to configure it.

Have you tried to configure through YaST2, possibly using an IceWM session
instead of a KDE3?

I have looked into using YaST2 for this, but I haven't seen any
specific tool
in YaST2 for bluetooth configuration. I have seen references to such in the
forum, but if there is still such a tool, it's well hidden.
In YaST2's Services Manager I see that bluetooth is enabled/active.
The /etc/sysconfig Editor has a list of entries under Hardware -> Bluetooth,
which are:
START_SERVICES yes
DAEMON_ENABLE yes
DAEMON_EXEC /usr/sbin/bluetoothd
DAEMON_ARGS
RFCOMM_ENABLE yes
RFCOMM_EXEC /usr/bin/rfcomm
RFCOMM_ARGS -f /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf bind all
PAND_ENABLE no
PAND_EXEC /usr/bin/pand
PAND_ARGS --listen --role NAP
DUND_ENABLE no
DUND_EXEC /usr/bin/dund
DUND_ARGS --listen --persist
HID2HCI_ENABLE yes
HID2HCI_EXEC /usr/sbin/hid2hci
HID2HCI_ARGS --tohci

I have no idea how to set these, and no idea where to look. There is a
typically vague man file for bluetoothd but none at all for any of the other
components in the above list. :-(

Leslie