Re: [opensuse-kde3] media manager status
On Wednesday 11 April 2012 18:24:53 Maurice wrote:
On 2012-04-11 at 00:32 serghei said:
is able to detect and mount storage devices. At
this moment recognize SD cards and pendrives.

But here the default system already provides a Device Notifer for t
hose items.

This is a replacement for current system (more precisely, a replacement for
HAL backend). HAL is deprecated and sooner or later will not working anymore
on modern system.

It's optical disks that are not handled.

Actually current media manager seems to handle optical media too, I guess your
problem is related to HAL daemon (if I correct remember, HAL uses polling for
detecting media changes - so check if polling is enabled).

--
/\/\aurice

--
Serghei