Re: [suse-kde] xfree 4.3 and kde 3.1 / 3.1.1 = font problems / kprinter crash (BUG ?)
  • From: M_Kaiser@xxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Kaiser)
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 23:38:04 +0100
hi matt

> 1) In ControlCenter/SysAdmin/Font Installer there is no preview of any font
> anymore.

same here

> - ALL the default fonts are invisible. They are there, but again white on
> white (Normal, Tiny, ..., huge).
> - If trying to select a "fixed" font, again, they are not visible.
> - Other fonts are visible, such as "Lucida console"
> (this one is also just a little annoying)

same here

> 3) In kword, kspread, or any program using kprinter, this one crashes when
> trying to print, but ONLY when certain fonts are in the document. It is
> crashing no matter if preview or printing.

don't know yet. but maybe that ius because i haven't tried printing yet :-/

also the look of my root-account is screwed up, since i installed kde 3.1.1.
ever tried to work with k3b-setup for instance when you can't the edge of any
checkbox?

mc as root isn't working, because the font isn't loaded for one reason or
another.

kde 3.1.1 really sucks...

michael

--