Re: [opensuse-gnome] I am confused......
On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 17:41 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:

What is most frustrating is that the APPLICATIONS>SYSTEM SETTINGS>SYSTEM
INFO is showing me that I have Gnome 3.0.2 installed - which is, to me,
obviously total horse-droppings.

What you see IS gnome 3, just in fallback mode. So nothing wrong
reported.

The bottom line is: anyone know what I could be missing as a setting to
be able to see the Gnome3 desktop which I show in the picpaste
screenshot above? Or do I have to go back to gnome.org and re-install
their version of openSUSE 11.4 with Gnome3 and throw out what openSUSE
itself has provided on their DVD + upgrades in Gnome3:/STABLE:/?

Most likely .xsession-errors has some pointers to why gnome-shell failed
to start. It could be anything rather small...

Of course we can also try to guess, which will confuse everybody around.
(a good start would be
zypper lu -a -r <yourgnome3repo>
to be sure zypper dup really got everything (common error: not adjusting
the priorities right)

Dominique