Re: [opensuse-gnome] Evaluating GNOME related features
  • From: Paul Cutler <pcutler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 14:34:14 -0600
From my time in #banshee IRC, it's too early to tell what the Banshee
release in Ubuntu will look like. They're trying to slim it down
right now, so some community extensions may be missing in Ubuntu.
Other than that, core functionality will be the same including music &
video playback, podcasts, last.fm support, iPod support, etc.

The only other thing I'm personally watching is if they change the
Amazon referral codes.

I don't know if Banshee is somewhere I'd put my focus on. Yes, we had
Banshee first, I get that. We should be thinking about our GNOME user
experience vs. Unity, in my opinion. There are lots of rumblings in
the community that people who prefer GNOME are switching to Debian and
Fedora - how do we capitalize on that?

Paul