Re: [opensuse-gnome] Bug 436758 & 386359 - Renaming YaST in the menu and Control Center tasks
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 03:07:51 +0200
Le mercredi 02 septembre 2009, à 02:20 +0200, Carlos E. R. a écrit :
On Tuesday, 2009-09-01 at 15:02 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:

Now, one major issue is that the strings will be in english :/
Scott, do you know how we're supposed to handle the translation of
common tasks in the cc shell? Are we really expecting to have translated
text from gconf? If yes, then it doesn't work out well with the way we
do gconf branding; we'd probably need to find another way...

If you put them into somewhere in a .pot file (lcn or yast branch),
we will translate it, same as we do the rest of pots.

Not really. This means we'll have translations available, but they won't
get used, given how the code currently behaves. Which is why I was
asking Scott what's the best way to fix this :-)