Re: [opensuse-gnome] Default torrentclient in Gnome
  • From: Atri <badshah400@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 00:22:47 +0530
On Monday 23 March 2009 23:08:41 Kirill Kirillov wrote:
Hi.

I'm using Transmission in openSUSE 11.1. It has Russian translation and
much clear look and it's well-integrated into GNOME (it even supports
text besides icons option). The only visual glitch for me is using of
default application icon instead of its own.

In my opinion, we should give the monsoon project some more time.
Perhaps we could come back and discuss the issue of the default torrent
client around May/June. There seems to be good work going on giving some
direction to the project, and I am using the version 0.20 of the application
(from mono community repository), and it works well. Not that I have
anything against transmission, but I think that having decided to use
monsoon as the default client in 11.0 we should really not judge it based on
the (small) duration between 11.0 and 11.1 (during which, frankly, monsoon
did not end up a finished product). At the moment, though, it looks like (to
me) that good work is going into it.
Regards,
--
Atri