Re: [opensuse-gnome] Default torrentclient in Gnome
  • From: Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek <jakub.rusinek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 00:46:01 +0100
On 21.03.2009 23:45, Christian Jäger wrote:
Please let's not have another release with a shitty default BT-client.

Chris

Why _have_ a BitTorrent client? I'd rather make a public survey about need of BT. Was there a one?

Honestly, I know no people who use Linux and download much using torrents. Rather Radpishare etc. but I don't expect you to be interested about that kind of Internet activity and distributing adequate software ;) .

Talking about software on disc images, I'd like to see a survey, asking what 1) people usually remove/install after installation 2) need on CD/DVD and do not need on CD/DVD.

PS: If I really need to use torrent, I prefer Transmission. Cleaner interface. No place to think "what the hell is that/where the hell is {option}". Perfect in his simplicity.

--
Best regards,
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek