Re: [opensuse-gnome] Timeshift discussion
  • From: Bryen <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 09:24:01 -0500
On Fri, 2008-09-26 at 14:02 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
Le jeudi 25 septembre 2008, à 23:16 -0500, Bryen a écrit :
Your thoughts and comments please!

Would be interesting to have stats for timezones of people attending the
meetings/willing to attend the meetings. 11PM UTC is a bit late for
Europe, but well, I guess it can be done.

Vincent

What if we all wrote down our location in
http://en.opensuse.org/GNOME_Team? It'd be nice to have a reference
place to know where everyone is and show the world how global we are.
(Goes ahead and does so now...)

As for 11PM in your European region, we determined that most of us are
late-nighters already. C'mon Vincent, I've seen you up at 4 a.m. French
time. :-) But anyway, 11 seemed to be the best time when team members
conclude their familial (or spousal) duties.

And this is once a month, not every week. I am not certain we'll ever
find the magical hour. But it does seem like the original timeshift
time proved to be a dismal failure for us.

Another thing to point out is that our regular meetings typically occur
during business hours for many in the U.S. and Europe. In other words,
we possibly have potential contributors not attending meetings because
they have jobs, and might be more apt to pay attention to us in the
after-hours.

We could pull it back one hour as Funky asked in the other email, but
that's something for you all to discuss. Remember that those of us who
are regular attendees can always submit questions via the wiki, present
issues via mailing list, etc. But we have got to find some way to grow
our community and not exclude particular regions consistently.

--
Bryen Yunashko
Proud 2008 Candidate for openSUSE Board